PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Protecting your privacy and your personal information is important to Stay Rent Buy Pty Ltd (ABN 24 122 141 906) (Stayrentbuy). We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Stayrentbuy primarily collects personal information required to provide rental reference checks in Australia and Overseas and other moving services as authorised by you.
The range of personal information that we collect and hold includes:
- date of birth;
- address details;
- telephone and/or mobile numbers;
- identification information such as passport details;
- email addresses;
- information about your interactions and transactions with us.
Generally, we do not collect or hold sensitive information about you. However, in certain circumstances, and provided we have obtained your consent to do so or are otherwise authorised by law, we may collect and hold rental reference information about you or someone living at your address where it relates to providing rental reference information on your behalf. For example, that you have previously rented a property in Australia or overseas and that you made rent payments on time and maintained the property in good order.
We may collect personal information about you:
- from an application form, registration form or verbally if you contact our call centre or speak to our staff directly;
- from your representatives and anyone authorised by you;
- through your access of our website (please see the “Collection of personal information through our website” for more information); or
- from third parties such as licensed estate agents, landlords, credit agencies.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
We collect the personal information that you enter onto our website www.Stayrentbuy.com.au including when you access your My Account page, use our enquiry form or sign up for a newsletter.
We may collect information about the way customers browse our website or other information on the Internet. We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. This information cannot be used to identify any individual customer or visitor to our website.
Links to other websites
Whilst links to third party websites may be provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of these third party websites. These links are provided for your convenience and do not represent our endorsement of any linked third party websites. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third party websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect and hold personal information about you that is reasonably necessary to perform our functions and activities. If we are unable to collect this information, we may not be able to effectively provide our services to you.
Stayrentbuy may collect and handle your personal information:
- to check your previous property rental history, personal references and related information and provide references to licensed Estate Agents or Landlords for the purposes of you being able to secure a rental property in Australia);
- to perform other administrative and operational functions (including systems development and testing, staff training, maintaining and updating our records and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to inform you of products and services offered by Stayrentbuy and third party service providers that are suitable to your moving necessities and home and lifestyle service needs; and
- as required by relevant laws and regulations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Stayrentbuy may disclose your personal information:
- to our related bodies corporate;
- to other companies or individuals who assist us in supplying our services or who perform functions on our behalf, such as mail houses, legal advisors, contact centres, marketing and research providers and technology service providers;
- to relevant third party service providers (for example, electricity and gas distributors)*;
- to purchasers, advisors and other relevant parties in connection with acquisitions or potential acquisitions of our business;
- to your authorised agents or legal representative;
- where authorised or required by law to do so; or
- to anyone to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
* Stayrentbuy will always obtain your consent to the terms and conditions of supply of the relevant service provider before disclosing your personal information to them for connection to their service. In these circumstances, Stayrentbuy only provides to the service providers that information which they require to estimate and fulfil your service request.
We are unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
MARKETING AND PRIVACY
Stayrentbuy may from time to time use or disclose your personal information to send you marketing material about new or existing products and services suitable to your home and lifestyle service needs that Stayrentbuy or third party service providers offer. We will only do so with your prior consent.
Marketing materials may be sent to you in various forms, including mail, SMS, facsimile and email. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method whenever practical to do so.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving direct marketing as described above, please contact us on info@Stayrentbuy.com.au.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may access, correct and update the personal information that we hold about you.
You can access and correct some of the personal information (such as contact details) that we hold about you by securely logging in to your My Account page on our website. Alternatively, you can request access or a correction to the information we hold about you by sending an email to info@Stayrentbuy.com.au.
To ensure the integrity and safety of your personal information, we will only provide personal information to you or an authorised person acting on your behalf if our internal procedures are satisfied. In certain cases we may charge you a fee for this service but we will inform you at the time.
All requests for access and correction to your personal information will be processed in a reasonable period of time. In some cases, requests may be declined where the law allows us to do so.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Stayrentbuy is committed to keeping your personal information secure. We use reasonable precautions to protect it from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in paper-based form or stored electronically on secure servers. In addition, our facilities are secured in accordance with established and commercially reasonable security standards and procedures.
STAFF AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have any questions about our privacy practices please contact our Privacy Officer by email at info@Stayrentbuy.com.au, by phone on +61 (0)3 9827 9930 or write to:
Stay Rent Buy Pty Ltd
4-6 Howitt Street
South Yarra Vic 3141
COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCESS
If you wish to make a complaint about the way Stayrentbuy has handled your personal information please contact Stayrentbuy’s Privacy Officer in writing to the postal or email address set out above. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time.
Stayrentbuy will generally provide you with a written response based on the findings of our investigation within 30 days of receipt of your original complaint. If this is not possible, our Privacy Officer will arrange for a Stayrentbuy representative to contact and advise you about the progress we have made and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.